Los Angeles, Pasadena, Covina, Arcadia, & Hollywood, California
A face lift can have a dramatic impact on your appearance, making you look much younger, more refreshed, and rejuvenated. If you have facial sagging, deep creases between the nose and mouth, drooping jowls, and fat deposits in the neck area, a face lift may be the most effective way to reverse the signs of aging you are experiencing.
Dr. O’Toole will customize your face lift to address your unique aesthetic goals. At your initial consultation, he will review your face lift options with you and recommend the ideal one to meet your needs. Common options include a mid face lift, lower face lift with a neck lift, or a full face lift with a brow lift.
Am I a Candidate for a Face Lift?
Ideal face lift candidates possess the following characteristics:
- Good skin elasticity – Supple, flexible skin will aid in the healing process and help you achieve more natural looking results.
- Strong bone structure – Good underlying bone structure is important to support the skin stretching and facial remodeling achieved by your procedure. It will also contribute to a more natural looking result. If you have weak features, you may want to consider facial implants in conjunction with your face lift.
- Loose or hanging skin – Most face lift candidates have excess hanging skin on the face or neck which would benefit from removal or tightening.
- Good overall health – As with any surgical procedure, being in good overall health will facilitate the healing process and reduce your risk of complications.
- Realistic expectations – It is important to have a realistic understanding of what your face lift can accomplish. Dr. O’Toole will discuss this with you at your initial consultation to make sure you are fully informed before moving forward.
Your Face Lift Procedure
Face lift incisions are hidden behind the hairline on either side of the face. Working through these incisions, Los Angeles plastic surgeon Dr. Martin O’Toole manipulates the facial tissue, removing excess fat and tightening the underlying muscle. The incisions are then carefully closed. Every facelift procedure that Dr. O’Toole performs is personalized to fit the needs of the individual patient and produce the most natural results. The change in the final look is subtle, yet patients are visibly more youthful looking.
In some cases, Dr. O’Toole may perform a fat transfer procedure in conjunction with your face lift. Fat transfers can be used to fill out areas of the face which have suffered lost volume due to the aging process.
See Facelift Candidacy to learn more.
Recovery after a Face Lift
Recovery time after a face lift varies based on the extensiveness of your procedure. You should expect to experience mild to moderate discomfort immediately after surgery, but Dr. O’Toole can prescribe medication to manage this pain. You may also experience some bruising or swelling which will subside gradually over the first two weeks of recovery. Keeping your head elevated will help facilitate the reduction of swelling.
You should be up and about in a day or two, but it is advised that you take at least one week off of work after surgery to allow for proper healing. Dr. O’Toole will closely monitor your recovery to ensure everything goes smoothly.
Find out if a Lifestyle Lift is right for you!
Please contact Pasadena Cosmetic Surgery today to schedule your complimentary face lift consultation. Dr. Martin O’Toole serves patients in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, and Hollywood, California.
- About Us
- Breast Surgery
- Body Contouring
- Facial Plastic Surgery
- Skin Care Procedures