How Can Body Contouring Help?
Body contouring procedures reshape your silhouette. Whether it is excess skin after massive weight loss, stubborn fat that no amount of exercise can eliminate, or the desire to get your pre-pregnancy body back, body contouring is customized to address your specific concerns.Schedule a Consultation
- BODY LIFT removes excess skin from the torso, thighs, and buttocks
- Can also tighten the abdominal muscles
- Beneficial after massive weight loss
- Incisions are made around the outer thighs and buttocks as well as near the pubic region and belly button
- TUMMY TUCK removes excess abdominal fat and sagging skin for a toned appearance
- Tightens the abdominal muscles
- Incision runs from hip bone to hip bone beneath the bikini line
- The mini tummy tuck focuses on addressing these issues in the lower abdomen
- LIPOSUCTION can eliminate stubborn fat pockets from the abdomen, thighs, arms, love handles, face, back, and buttocks
- Traditional liposuction (PAL) uses a cannula inserted through a small incision to break up and remove fat deposits
- SMARTLIPO™ uses lasers to break up and remove fat deposits as well as help tighten the skin
- ARM LIFT removes excess fat and skin from the upper arms
- Incision runs from the armpit down the inner arm
- Can remove additional fat using liposuction
- MOMMY MAKEOVER a combination of procedures that can give women who are finished having children a youthful contour
- Tummy tuck and liposuction are often combined with a breast lift and/or breast augmentation to address changes in the abdomen and breasts after childbirth
Although this is an outpatient procedure, someone will need to drive you home and stay with you for the first couple of nights. Surgical dressings and compression garments may be recommended after surgery. Although the recovery period may vary depending on the extent of the procedure, it is recommended to take two weeks off of work and refrain from strenuous exercise for six weeks. Light walking and standing are recommended as soon as possible to prevent blood clots. Dr. O’Toole will give you specific recommendations and timelines for resuming regular activity during your consultation to ensure a successful recovery.
The cost of body contouring varies depending on the extensiveness of the surgery. The combination of procedures, anesthesia, operating room fees, and geographical location are all factors. Dr. O’Toole will provide you with an accurate cost estimate during your initial consultation.
Body contouring is done under anesthesia for a painless procedure. After the surgery, it is common to experience swelling, bruising, and discomfort. Pain can be controlled with prescription medication.
After your body contouring procedure, there will be scars. The location of these scars will depend on the techniques used, and Dr. O’Toole will do his best to make them as inconspicuous as possible. Scars will fade and become less visible with time.
Results will be apparent after the swelling and bruising subside. When accompanied with a healthy lifestyle and stable weight, your results may last for several years.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who are the best candidates for body contouring?
The best candidates for body contouring are at or near their ideal weight and have maintained a stable weight for several months. Those interested should be in good health, have realistic expectations about their results, and be committed to maintaining a healthy lifestyle with diet and exercise.
What type of anesthesia will be used during my procedure?
Liposuction, tummy tucks, body lifts, and Mommy Makeovers are performed under general anesthesia. Smartlipo™ is performed under local anesthesia.
What are the potential side effects?
As with any surgery, there are risks related to body contouring, such as:
- Anesthesia risks
- Irregular healing
Will my results be permanent?
The results from body contouring can last for several years given that the patient leads a healthy lifestyle. This includes eating a well-balanced diet and exercising regularly. Subsequent weight gain can undo the effects of body contouring.