The Brazilian Butt Lift Procedure
The Brazilian Butt Lift is a three-step process. It is performed as an outpatient procedure using general anesthesia, and fat transfer is used to create your desired butt size and shape.Schedule a Consultation
- The Brazilian Butt Lift process begins with harvesting fat from donor areas that have deposits of excess, unwanted fat.
- The abdomen, hips, thighs, and back are commonly chosen as donor areas because of their sizable deposits of fat.
- A gentle liposuction technique is used to harvest the fat, and Dr. O’Toole works to preserve the integrity of the highest volume of fat possible.
- The harvested fat is put through a purification process to eliminate blood, oils, and other impurities.
- This process is performed immediately following the harvesting process, while you are still under anesthesia.
- The ultimate goal of the purification process is to leave you with the strongest fat cells for transfer, which will help ensure better, longer-lasting results.
Sculpting Your Booty
- The final step of the Brazilian Butt Lift process is carefully grafting the fat into the buttocks.
- Dr. O’Toole’s artistic eye helps him not only increase the size of your booty but also craft an attractive shape.
- The fat is added in fine, even layers, which allows for the contour to be tailored to your frame.
You will be instructed on how to sit to avoid any pressure on the buttocks after surgery. You will also need to sleep on your stomach for about six weeks. Compression garments will minimize swelling and control the new shape of your buttocks. Some swelling, bruising, redness, and tenderness may occur but will subside within a few days to a few weeks. You can return to work, with restrictions, after two weeks. Most patients are fully healed and back to their regular routines after two months.
The Brazilian Butt Lift is performed mostly through liposuction, allowing Dr. O’Toole to make only minor, inconspicuous incisions. If scarring does develop, it will be unnoticeable or minimal.
The cost of your Brazilian Butt Lift will vary depending on a number of factors, including the extent of correction, surgical fees, facility fees, and anesthesia fees. Dr. O’Toole will provide you with a detailed quote during your consultation, and financing options are available.
You may experience some soreness or tenderness. While discomfort is temporary and usually minimal, Dr. O’Toole will provide you with medications to alleviate these symptoms.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is a good candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift?
Ideal candidates for the Brazilian Butt Lift must have excess fat in unwanted areas, desire more fullness in their buttocks, and be in good health.
Do I need to have a lot of excess fat to get a Brazilian Butt Lift?
Patients must have enough surplus fat available for harvesting to qualify for a Brazilian Butt Lift. If you are uncertain whether you have enough excess fat, schedule a consultation and Dr. O’Toole will advise you on whether the Brazilian Butt Lift is the right procedure for you.
What risks are associated with Brazilian Butt Lift surgery?
The Brazilian Butt Lift is a very safe procedure. Infections are rare, and allergic reactions are not a concern, as it is the patient’s own fat that is grafted. Possible complications include blood clots, numbness, asymmetry, and poor survival of the fat, which may require revision surgery.